In case of an Emergency at the BMAC Flying Field
1. Dial 000
2. Request the Emergency Service Required (Ambulance, Fire or Police)
3. Your Location is: 3 Nirta Place, Mitchell (Section 41, Block 2)
- If possible, have a member meet the emergency services team at the ICON Water Depot located at 12 Hoskins Street, Mitchell to assist with directions to the club house.
4. If required, more detailed directions to the BMAC flying field for emergency services are:
- The flying field is physically located within the Crace Grassland Nature Reserve accessible via Nirta Place, Mitchell (southern end of Hoskins Street).
- From the southern end of Hoskins Street proceed straight ahead for 300 metres past the ICON Depot and turn right into Nirta Place.
- Immediately around the bend turn left through the gates onto the dirt track, there is a BMAC sign at the start of this track.
- The dirt track heads past the Mitchell Community Gardens (on the left) toward the ACT Government Wood pile and at the end proceed through the gate with club signage to the right. (An open gate indicates that at least one member is present at the club). The unsealed road leads to the carpark and clubhouse.
The Emergency Smartphone App
All BMAC members who own and use a smart phone should seriously consider downloading and installing the Emergency + Smartphone App.
The Emergency + is a national app developed by Australia’s emergency services and their Government and industry partners, helping people to call the right number at the right time, anywhere in Australia. … When calling Triple Zero (000), remember to stay focused, stay relevant, and stay on the line.
The BMAC Automated External Defibrillator or AED
The AED is located inside the BMAC club house within a St John’s Ambulance branded, steel wall mounted cabinet. A battery operated alarm sounds, and red light flashes whenever cabinet the door is opened.
Additional AED signage is located in and around the club house.